The Rules of the Road
Traffic bail bonds vary significantly in terms of severity and the type of crime actually involved. Traffic incidents can cover all types of crimes, ranging from infractions to felonies depending on what exactly occurred with the vehicle and what the driver or passengers of the vehicle did in response. If you or a loved one was involved in a traffic incident and needs traffic bail bonds in Covington, contact Advanced Bail Bonding at 901-476-1125 today!
Traffic Incidents and Arrests
Perhaps one of the most well-known reasons for arrest while driving a vehicle is driving under the influence (DUI). Although this is certainly a serious enough crime, there are numerous other ways to fall on the wrong side of the law while operating a vehicle. These include:
- Speeding – Although a single small speeding ticket is not going to carry a consequence so heavy that you are placed in a holding cell, if you are a repeat offender, or are going fast enough to put others in significant danger, jail time is a possibility.
- Driving a stolen or unauthorized vehicle – Driving a stolen vehicle automatically places you under suspicion of having stolen the vehicle, which can result in a sentence. An unauthorized vehicle, too, can get you into trouble, as is the case when you are driving a vehicle requiring a special license without having said license or driving a vehicle that is not registered or is improperly registered.
- Racing – Racing is a serious offense and police treat it accordingly. This is one of the traffic offenses that can immediately result in an arrest.
- Driving without the proper license – If you do not have a license or have a license that has been suspended, you may be at risk for arrest. This can depend on local laws, the arresting officers, and the presence(or lack) of criminal history.
- Driving under the influence or while intoxicated – This is likely the most well-known source of driving arrests. Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of any type of narcotic is illegal and will result in police intervention.
Although each of the offenses above could lead to jail time, some of the offenses are more severe and more heavily punished than others. For this reason, it is difficult to determine a precise range for possible bail amounts.
Getting a Traffic Bail Bond
Any type of infraction or criminal activity is problematic, but driving issues are arguably one of the more common reasons for arrest in individuals without a prior history of violence or crime. If you, a loved one, or a friend has been arrested in conjunction with a traffic accident or incident in Covington, contact Advanced Bail Bonding at 901-476-1125 today! We can help with traffic bail bonds in Covington and surrounding areas.